Crazy charge on your wrist band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Julien, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Check out the Reserve Strap. It has a 400mAH battery with indicative charging. So it would charge your :apple:Watch while you ware it. Crazy strange.:eek::eek:

http://reservestrap.com

[​IMG]

2. troop231 macrumors 603

They better be damn sure they can replicate the frequency and any digital handshake Apple does with the stock inductive charger.

3. busterbluth macrumors 6502

I think it just has a battery in the strap. What someone needs to invent is a strap/watch that uses your kinetic energy to charge it while you move.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

No, it not only has some batteries in the strap, but additionally a thin coil for inductive charging.

And yes I agree that a kinetic movement recharger would be awesome, but I'm doubtful of it providing enough current to bring much of a charge. A typical watch has far less power demands.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple prototyped the Watch with kinetic from the get go!

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Cool. So instead of losing one strap piece you lose the entire thing. A good solution for those worried about losing a piece.

6. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

and at $250 for something that they haven't even finished designing yet....a leap too far I think

7. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I doubt that thing would work all that well, the pulse meter probably needs skin contact to function properly. Also, adding a couple mms of height from the look of it to the Watch would make it difficult to fit inside of shirt sleeves and whatnot.

8. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Yes that's what I was thinking. The coil probably wouldn't work very well either woven around the holes. Then there is the loss keeping you from realizing the capacity of the battery. Then there is the inflexibility of the band, etc.

This just seems very impractical, even vapor ware.

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.