Crazy data !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jgalan14, Feb 13, 2012.

1. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I just switch to AT&T cause sprint service went from good to barely usable so today my new month started , I forgot to reset my network usage in settings after it was already at 200 mb in the AT&T account usage, now my usage on my iPhone setting says a little over 4mb and art says, 800mb ???? Can someone giver an advice or any help I used to use 4gb with sprint at the most and lately I was using 2.5gb so I thought I was gonna be fine now I'm freaking out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

lolz 800mb in the first day, what have you been looking at ^^
    i would try to reboot first and delete than install the at&t app
    i think the only option you have here is to call them up

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Has to be an error.. It takes more than 1 day for data usage to show up. Could be from previous pro-rated month?

4. jgalan14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well actually I think is. A glitch I went to the website and it says the same, I check a few hours after I posted went down to 215mb and now I just check went up to 900mb Wth?? AT&T is weird

[​IMG]

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you used up 4GB with Sprint and you're a high data user you will probably use more data and faster with AT&T since their speeds are way better than their CDMA 3G competitors.
    So dont be surprised.
    I get like 5-6mbps down and 1-2mbps upload on the regural in my local area with AT&T, Im sure you never saw speeds like that with Sprint.

6. jgalan14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I got better speeds too :D

[​IMG]

But im taking a look of how much I'm using too so I don't understand I am let it go for a week to see what happens
    [​IMG]

7. jgalan14 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I called AT&T and the dude told me if I closed my apps???? Wtf the will help, anyways I told him about owning smartphones for at least 4 years now and I know my usage ( even with Verizon lte I used 4-5gb downloading all crazy crap) and he said well we cant do anything I asked for his supervisor and he said ok hold on.... Now he comes back and say well we can credit you 10$ for the 1GB you used I was like ok give me that but if tomorrow is the same I'll be calling you, man this people is so dumb sometimes (closing apps help? Is not android buddy :p) and like idk my usage , I barely use YouTube maybe like 20 minutes of YouTube in 3G which is like 60mb but that about it ... Will se what happens

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear what you're saying but you are obviously using up the data.
    It doesnt just magically get used up.
    And like you mentioned you always consume lots of data then I dont know why you're surprised. They were nice enough to give you 1GB free.
    How many GB's of data is included with your plan, 3GB? If you used 2.5 to 4GB's per month with sprint before with their unsable service at your location then you can bet you will use more with AT&T's faster 3G+ connection and the 3GB plan will not be enough.

9. jgalan14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I thought about it and maybe sunday data was a lot but idk will see been not using YouTube today and I'm off so besides for valentines dinner and movie out date (which won't make a diference cause most likely won't be using my phone ) will se what my data really is, sprint I didn't have any problems till after Xmas their network barely could open YouTube videos were before I was able to watch any videos so I think 3GB should be good