xrayvision

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Comment

mavherzog

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
Columbus, WI
Unfortunately, when you add it to your cart, it lists the price as $197.99. I was going to pull the trigger on several of these if the price actually carried over to the invoice. ;)

Comment

GyOzA

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2007
What is it with those drives and errors? Amazon mis-priced one of those as well. I leaped on the deal, but Amazon cancelled on me. :p
If you go to Fry's Electronics (a real store, not outpost.com), they have to sell it to you at whatever the price tag (plu) they put on it. I wish MacMall is doing this too :)

Comment

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
If you go to Fry's Electronics (a real store, not outpost.com), they have to sell it to you at whatever the price tag (plu) they put on it. I wish MacMall is doing this too :)
Yea there's nothing more gratifying than finding such a deal in a brick and mortar store. Unfortunately online stores don't have the same policy obviously :rolleyes:

Comment

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004

They don't "have to" at all. Many store will, as a good will gesture. But they have an Errors & Omissions Excepted clause in pricing.

Comment

ashjamben

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Shanghai, China
a friend of mine found a external hard drive with 1TB of storage space for £20 on the uk apple store a while ago. obviously an error, but he bought 10. the store had to stand by the price he bought them for and so he recieved all 10 for £20 each! score

no guessing what went on ebay the after he got them ;)

Comment

ckurowic

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
Contacting BBB

They HAVE to sell it at the listed price. Its false advertising if they do not. I plan on contacting the BBB if they do not comply with the list price.

I just submitted a complaint with the BBB. Hello $20 MyBook. Mistake or not, they HAVE to sell it at $20. I highly suggest you all do the same thing that I did if you want $20 MyBook. People have to pay for their mistakes. Period.

Comment

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
I just submitted a complaint with the BBB. Hello $20 MyBook. Mistake or not, they HAVE to sell it at $20. I highly suggest you all do the same thing that I did if you want $20 MyBook. People have to pay for their mistakes. Period.
Good luck with that. My guess is that you will get nothing. Keep us posted.

Comment