Crazy Deal on Macs! Is this site legit?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sako94, Nov 27, 2008.

1. sako94 macrumors regular

alright well my dad told me a this website http://www.otekelectronics.com/apple.html and if you read the information about each mac it is a very good price maybe 500 dollars off the iMac i want but the problem is im not sure if its 100% legit no fraud stuff. Anyone know from experience or friends if it is please let me know. Thanks in Advance :)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

I smell a rat...
    No, make that a plague of rats....

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Any company that doesn't provide a legitimate phone number, I won't buy from.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

There is no information about the company. Usually companies will have and "About Us" or "Company History". Most (not all) have a Press page.

There is no site map (where you could find company information not on the home page). Also nowhere does it say they are an Apple Authorized Reseller. Stores need to be Authorized through Apple in order to sell their products.

Even Target has a "Apple Authorized Reseller" banner on their iPod pages.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

7. Semiopaque macrumors regular

Also kind of weird that your gender is a required field to setup an account. If you do a Google search there's a couple of sites who also question this site's legitimacy and refer to the FAQ as dubious. I can't find the FAQ on the site now.