CRAZY Driver Follows Me

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Coolnat2004, May 11, 2007.

1. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Alright, I have to tell this story. I don't ever post new threads, but this warrants it, I promise..

So I was leaving my school at night because I was there to see the talent show.. as I am going down the street, a pickup truck almost turns into the road without stopping (thus causing me to hit him?), but he stops in frustration and then pulls in behind me.

SUDDENLY, I can see no longer. His two (count them, TWO) sets of high beams, and his set of foglights shine directly into all 3 mirrors on my car, then straight into my eyes. I adjust the rear view mirror, but the side mirrors still get me.. so I have to drive with my head tilted forward.

As we reach the red light at the top of the hill, I yell at him to turn down the brights. He obviously doesn't hear, or doesn't care.. so I say whatever.

Then, as I was approaching the entry ramp to the interstate, a car was trying to get over to the ramp, so i slow down to let him through. Apparently the guy in the blinding truck behind me didn't see my brake lights, or didn't believe them, and had to skid on the pavement to keep from hitting me.

While merging into traffic on the interstate, I look over my shoulder and I can't see the traffic, so I go ahead and get over, luckily not hitting anyone. As I'm going down the highway, he is still behind me... VERY close behind me. I change lanes to avoid his lights.

Then, he changes lanes too. I change, he changes. So, I pass someone and change again. He follows. This continued for a couple miles until he pulls up next to me, shouting at me (couldn't hear him), and throws trash (paper?) at my car. 2 miles later, he is done, and gets off at an exit. So, I follow him to get his plate numbers. I have to speed up the ramp to see the plate, and I get it. At the red light he is in the right turning lane, and he slams on the brakes so I am to hit him (brake check), but I am wise and not close enough, however I quickly swerve into the left turning lane and turn left.

AND... he FOLLOWS.. changing from the front of the right turning lane into the left lane and follows me. It is at that point that he disappears.

Exciting, no? I don't know if reporting this to the police would do any good, or if they would even accept it. I know what subdivision he was turning from at the beginning, his plate numbers, and the fact that it was a Chevy truck. Any suggestions?

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

I would report it.
    Nothing will probably get done in your case but if he leads to an accident somewhere else it will be on record that it was not so 'accidental'.

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Sorry man. It was that time of the month. No hard feelings? :eek:

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I would report it through your local police department (don't call 911).
    ...They probably can't do anything, but it never hurts to try.

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

In Colorado we have a "road rage" law that says if you get called in on three times you get in trouble.

If you got his plates, call him in. At least they'll have his previous behavior on record when he ruins someone's day. Other than that, don't maek a big deal out of it to the police.

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Classic road rage.

I would have driven (with him following) to the Police station. :D

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

report it. cali dmv has a special form to fill out about "unsafe driving" or whatever, i'm sure ky does too.

that being said, once i was driving around with high beams on without realizing and the guy in front of me got pissed about it. he actually got out of his car, walked over to me, and told me to do something about it in not very nice terms, while the gf or wife or whoever was sitting next to him was making apologetic signs at me.

I thought it was rude because he gave me no other warning or even turned around even once or motioned with his hand, adjusted the rear view mirror, or changed lanes (to one of the other 3 or 4 lanes that I wasn't in on this side of the street...) or ANYTHING in the probably all of 5 minutes I was behind him (rush hour, yay) to show me that he has an issue with them, except actually getting out of his car to tell me to **** off and then still going in front of me for another few minutes.

Like wow. Issues, much? Headlights bugging me == adjusting mirrors and possibly motioning to the driver about it. Not getting the **** out of the car to scream at them.

Another guy actually pulled over in the left turn lane to tell me me to go back to China (i've never even stepped foot in china, nor am I of chinese heritage whatsoever unless you go back a few centuries at the least..) cause I stopped at a red light albeit not nicely because it was hasty and the brake pads were in need of replacement, but there was a cop nearby and braking shittily was better than a ticket. After screaming a few more racial slurs at me, he screeched off in his crummy falling-apart pile of crap car only to get a ticket from the cop on the next block because not only did he manage to block several people from turning left while the turn signal was green cause he was too busy being a racist dickhead, but he also drove his way into the intersection where opposing cars were turning left and it was a red light for us, therefore almost causing an accident. mmm karma.

Segue into another rant about red lights...I hate the signals here. They change weirdly. I've even seen some yellow lights go back to green, or green w/do not cross pedestrian signal go back to cross, which screws up my timing on whether or not i should stop or go depending on how much time's left. And others go from green with the cross pedestrian signal go to yellow. WTF? Go and possibly get a ticket thanks to the lovely ****** red light cameras, or stop 20 feet away from the intersection while going at 45mph..

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I agree report it as road rage but don't call 911 use the routine calls number.