Crazy Free Case Shipping Route

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tmsmedic, Aug 16, 2010.

1. tmsmedic macrumors newbie

So I was notified on Saturday that my free case had shipped. I thought, oh well, it says the 23rd is the anticipated delivery date, so it must be in Hong Kong or somewhere overseas.

Much to my surprise, the manifest location was 90 miles from me when I looked up the tracking information. Then I thought, I should get this in a couple of days...they must have been overestimating the delivery date.

Today, I was amazed that my free case is now over 1500 miles away. They have shipped the thing from Memphis, TN to Elkridge, MD. I realize Memphis is a major freight hub...but you would think somewhere, someone would figure to remove the freight from the truck and deliver it instead of shipping it across the country to end up right back where it started.

I am interested to see the path it takes for the next 7 days...

2. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

You answered your own question many times throughout your post, it was FREE. Quit worrying about it and being a hardy brother to try and track this thing down. When it gets to your house it gets there.

3. tmsmedic thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not worried, just curious. It's not like I am calling raising Cain about it. Just thought it was odd that it is likely this case will travel the country over the next few days when it could have sat in a warehouse in Memphis for the next few days.

4. applekiwipeach macrumors member

it's cheaper for Apple, just like when taking a flight, the longest route with more stops ususally is cheaper. =)

5. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I've noticed the same trend with a lot of orders lately. I am in Seattle, so stuff ships from Asia to Alaska. Then it goes to TN. What?! Oh well ;)