Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I guess since a descriptive thread title is out of the question despite it being a general requirement when you started this thread, you think you could be a bit more descriptive in your post? I'm not clicking some spam link without knowing what it is. Call me old fashioned.

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
I guess since a descriptive thread title is out of the question despite it being a general requirement when you started this thread, you think you could be a bit more descriptive in your post? I'm not clicking some spam link without knowing what it is. Call me old fashioned.

Ha, my apologies, I never saw it like that. I can see what you mean.

Let me elaborate:

Firstly this is not spam. Not even close. More like trying to advertise to any/all in this part of the world how to get CS5 for practically nothing. [And maybe a small gloat, as the town gets one up on the US folk, who usually get the first/best on everything.]

I work in Singapore, which as you my (or may not) know is a fairly 'controlled' place, i.e. it is quite unlike the rest of South East Asia. This deal is done through Singapore's Ministry of Education, so clearly it is completely legit.

I'm guessing that the MoE/Govt cuts a deal with Adobe, (tax break?), as I believe, (but could well be wrong), that they manufacture the software here.

Anyway, not sure how or why, but seriously 97% off the retail price here for CS5 Web and Design Premium is a bargain too good to pass up.:cool:

Check out the link, it's not going to infect your computer. Promise!;) http://www.mine.com.sg/

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
In my eyes if it is to good to be true then it probably is.

Pics, or it didn't happen right?; I'm installing it as I type.

I also picked up CS4 Web Premium when that was released a couple of years ago. But then it was only S$99/US$60!

Attachments

• CS5.png
    CS5.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 55

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Can this be used in the US? Could I still download it for the same price here?

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
That's great, except if you are using this for commercial purposes (i.e. making money), you're breaking the agreement in the Terms and Conditions...but have fun

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Can this be used in the US? Could I still download it for the same price here?

Don't think you can, but if you know someone here (Singapore), any sort of contact at a school...

Adobe software is usually just so overpriced, tiz nice to get one back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.