Crazy how my 3G is just randomly going crazy...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

So I've had nothing but issues with my phone today. I'm at work in Vienna, VA where my coverage is usually kinda spotty but I've never had a problem finding a signal. Well today I decided to re-download Twitterfon Pro and jump back into Twitter.

Mind you my phone was at full battery at the beginning of this charade. I started the download at about 2:30. So after about half hour of fighting for a signal it finally started to download. I leave it on one side of the office where it gets better reception. After about 5 mins I go back to check on the status of my download and the progress bar is empty with "waiting" underneath. I have three bars of 3G. So I pick up the phone and tap the icon. It starts to download. My 3G drops. Download pauses. Edge picks up. 1 bar and a slooowly spinning wheel up top. No movement on the progress bar.

So I turn off the phone for a restart. Phone turns back on just fine. I go into the App Store and tap to buy the app again. After staring at it for about 45 seconds it tells me it's "unable to download the app. please try again later". I've never seen this before. I try again. It tells me to check my internet connection. I have three bars of Edge. The app FINALLY downloaded after almost an hour of trying. It also ate three quarters of my battery.

So now I'm just sitting here watching my phone go from 4 bars 3G to "searching" to 1 bar Edge to "No Service" and back to 3G. The phone isn't moving mind you...

Fishy I tell ya. And far beyond frustrating. Anybody else having similar issues?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I've had something like that yesterday for my first gen phone.

I'm in Lorton, VA, not far from you at all!

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

what time was this? This morning the app store and itunes were unavailable on my phone.

4. Mjmar macrumors 65816

They could be updating the 3G network in your area... I'm in the New Jersey area and my edge stopped working for a few hours yesterday morning, followed by my mom coming home telling me that her 3G iPhone seemed faster. I don't think it's a coincidence... Give it a little while before you start to worry.

5. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I wish I could be as optimistic but my service has always been crappy here and tonight it's just that much worse. I'll have to wait til I get out of work til I really come to any conclusions because this is literally the ONLY place I've ever had less than perfect coverage.

6. kevo0822 macrumors regular

I'm in Potomac, MD and I've been seeing the same signal jumping on my 3G since the beginning of the week... I've actually always had really strong 3G in my house but lately the phone keeps hopping onto Edge... then back onto 3G, where I start off with a full 5 bars and then go down to 1... then switching back to Edge.

It's a cycle that keeps going and going...

7. nickburns macrumors newbie

nickburns

It's a vast apple conspiracy! You will buy the new Iphone!