Crazy iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guzska, Jun 4, 2011.

1. guzska macrumors newbie

Hey, people:

I just wanted to share with you a very strange behavior I have noticed lately on my iPhone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zK1koKcj4Y

About two days ago, all my apps, wich I used to have perfectly organized in folders, appeared totally spread through 8 desktops. I was new to such cuantity of different screens, and started to play moving around them. This afternoon, I still don't know very well what I did, anyway I wouldn't be able to describe it with my poor english (maybe if I improve the technique I will record it), but I made the 'Messages' app dissappear. After freaking for a while, I tried to do it again, and 'Maps' walked away. I noticed that starting the apps was still possible trough spotlight. Did it again, and this time very strange things happened: Two 'Contacts' apps, transparent icons, phantom apps, things leaving screen when unlocking iPhone (or when they wanted to), and so on. The video only shows a very little portion of the insanity I saw before...
    I synchronized with iTunes, and nothing changed.
    Finally everything went back to normal when I deleted one of the 'phantom apps' trough iTunes.

Maybe more people have commented here about this, Im sorry in that case, but I was so amazed and I had to tell everybody about this!

Keep doing so well, guys!

2. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Hack much?

3. guzska thread starter macrumors newbie

None!

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Restore.

5. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

^ This.

6. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I have been having the same problem. It happened 3 times now over the last month. I think it has something to do with Infinifolders.

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't really understand what you were talking about until I watched the video. I am having that problem.......NOT! (Borat voice)

7. deanfx4u macrumors regular

I see what you did there.

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I think they are trying to get away from the music in the you tube video :eek:

yes restore +3

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

This one time at band camp...I was using safari and then it crashed and then all my folders were gone and the apps spread out but idk if this is going to help u.... No no it wont.

See what I did there

10. guzska thread starter macrumors newbie

I could record how I did it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPghjBH--xY

Sorry for the quality, it's recorded with an old Sony-Ericsson C905 and I couldn`t focus. Don't expect to see anything until 1:10...
    The solution to all the mess is very simple: settings->general->reset->reset home screen layout;

I have tried with my girlfriend's iPhone 4, and happened exactly the same, but a friend with an iPod Touch 3rd gen has been all the afternoon trying without results xD.