"Crazy iPhone Lady"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maestro55, Nov 14, 2007.

1. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTv9dM4t_iY

I was browsing this afternoon for what I thought was an iPhone commerical using the song 1-2-3-4 by Fiest (of course I found out that was a nano commerical). While browsing I came across this video and it was bizzare enough that I figured I would share. The kids were pretty much jerks, but this lady was insane.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Wow. Just wow. Those kids were absolutely horrible.

She has a few mental problems, but you never know. Keep an open mind, She could be right.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

4. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

Ya I saw this a while ago. taken with a grain of salt.

5. maestro55 thread starter macrumors 68030

maestro55

Opps... I did a search for the name of the youtube video and URL of the vido but obviously since the other thread was from a different site I didn't see it had already been discussed. Old news I know, but when I saw it I thought that it would be worth posting. I have always been interested in such things even though I am fully aware that most of what we hear on Coast to Coast AM is pure BS.

6. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

The chick was laughing and seemed to be enjoying it, and I couldn't really hear anything she said except that because they raised "what they call" pixels the newer phones cause alzheimer's but her old one doesn't as much. I don't see how messing with a clearly insane woman is so terrible. I would have played the "yes, and" game instead of yelling sarcastic remarks, though.

7. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Since this has been resurrected via this new thread...

Isn't it simpler to put those supposedly isolating iPods to use?

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I know. I hate kids. :D

There really isn't enough evidence from that video to suggest that she has any mental problems; rather, she's just a devout "believer" who chose the wrong side. Really, she isn't any different than those who believe in UFOs or Big-Foot.

But no, she couldn't be right. Nonetheless, that doesn't give anyone the right to be so disrespectful and downright rude. In my opinion, it would have been far more interesting to have a civil conversation with her.

9. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

You mean throw them at her? Shame. on. you.

How is using an iPod more fun than messing with a crazy lady?

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

11. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

No. Ignoring your facetious tone: why would I intend that?

Because it's kinda like setting the TV to mute and watching fast-paced or overly dramatic shows.

Plus you don't run the risk of sounding like a ninny shouting in vain about "oh my god it's a computer." Of course, there's the old adage about arguing with "fools." And there's also the fact that attention tends to validate and encourage this sort of behavior, thus prolonging the annoyance. Let alone the most important part of all: with an iPod you get to control what passes through your ear drums and settles into your brain.

The list could go on, but I'd rather refrain.

12. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

Don't ask me how, but I managed to make it through four minutes. And I'm sorry, but if she were to touch my head, as she did to the kids, she's getting taken down.

13. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

I can listen to my iPod at any moment, but crazy ladies only come around once a month. I'll put my iPod down to help her spread the message about evil technology. Make friends with crazy people, don't drown the world out with your evil technology.

14. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

what a freakin retard. although, i do agree those kids were being jerks a little

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I though it was funny, I feel bad for the lady, but metaphorically speaking I suppose she may have a point- not the whole thing about the government controlling our minds and all of that stuff but that technology kind of controls our lives.

Think of 1 day without your computer working at work.

16. spikespike macrumors member

you're going to take down a middle aged lady?

17. Jade Cambell macrumors 6502

Man.. high school kids are so brick headed and dumb. They are completely ruined. Why can't they even listen to what she's saying? It's a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.

18. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I feel sorry for her. I want to give here a hug :p

19. maestro55 thread starter macrumors 68030

maestro55

I would certainly agree with you, my interest in it is because I have always been into conspiracy theories and while I said though I do think what she was saying was BS. I would have liked to sit down and find out where she got these ideas. Perhaps then we would discover she was crazy, perhaps just confused. However, I can't say that she is in the same boat as those who "believe in UFOs" since anyone who has seen an unidentified flying object knows that there are objects in our sky that haven't been explained. Now Big-foot, that is a different story. However, my thoughts on UFOs and conspiracy theories are for a different thread.