Crazy iphone rumors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dreamteam, Jul 13, 2007.

1. dreamteam macrumors member

I just overheard a coworker tell someone after paying for the phone, activation & service fees, people are spending $1400 in their first month for the iPhone.

That is just crazy way out there!!! Anybody else hear any crazy rumors?

2. chriswheat macrumors regular

not sure what plan they must have... But my iPhone, including plan and activation will cost me $1400 in a year...not a month.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, some guy is posting crap on the Interwebs that the first month's costs of an iPhone are like $1400. Can you believe that?

4. johnnybluejeans macrumors 6502

Your coworker sounds like an idiot.. Come on, use your head, what exactly would cost $1400? I assume most people are on either the $59.99/mo or $79.99/mo plan.. but lets assume for the sake of argument that someone signs up for the most expensive plan at $219.99/mo for 6000 anytime minutes. (that is over 8 hours of anytime talk per day!)

Phone = $600 + tax = $640
    Activation = $36
    Service = $59.99 - $219.99 ($70 - $245 after taxes/misc fees)

Most Expensive Estimate = $921
    More Reasonable Estimate = $746

5. johnnybluejeans macrumors 6502

BTW for the math challenged...

$60 x 24 months = $1440...

So $1400 gets you about 2 years of service.

Is your coworker "special"?

6. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Ah, but that plan only includes 200 text messages. If they sent/received 4990 texts on the most expensive estimate, 6740 under the cheapest, they would reach $1400. And, I can think of some 14yo girls that could do that. ;)

7. The Prise macrumors member

I wonder how much sprint is paying you to post crap like this.

8. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

What??? No, if you're texting that much just add 20.00 for unlimited texting.

9. fart macrumors regular

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

There was talk that the iPhone had 3G in it...and Apple was keeping it a secret....that was crazy....IMO

11. jg2000 macrumors member

Let's make this VERY clear, the iPhone is about EASE OF USE. We all know it doesn't really do anything different than the other phones in it's price range. The biggest selling point for most people is I can use this thing without a 3 inch thick manual or all my stuff buried in menu after menu. I'd gladly take a product like this over anything else out there right now.

I'd write more but i'm drinking.

12. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

It's funny you say that because at my local Sprint store they had signs all over telling you why NOT to buy the iPhone, but then when I called customer service and they asked why I may want to cancel I said it had to due with the iPhone. The CS agent's response was the best, "Damn, that is a an awesome phone isn't it."

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I called Verizon and she said the same thing :D

14. earthsick macrumors regular

This isnt the only rumor i have heard uninformed people say without thinking. Everyone at work knew i was getting an iphone and weeks before were telling me that it was reviewed already and they said it sucks...and now that i have it i have had at least 5 people tell me "you wasted your money, they are going to come out with an iphone nano in a few months i saw an apple spokesman talk about it on the news this morning"...yeah, people are uninformed and for some reason feel like they have to defend their phone and/or service

15. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

A co-worker was adding something to the datebook on his Razr, when I jokingly said, "You know, you could do that so much faster on an iPhone."

He replied with something along the lines of, "Actually, I heard the iPhone's really hard to navigate."
    Another co-worker quickly agreed with him.

Man, I guess pressing your index finger down on that "Calendar" button on the HOME SCREEN of the iPhone must be tough for some people...

The misinformation being spread about this phone by jealous people is hilarious to me.

16. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

no one is more easily swayed than he who can delude himself.

17. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Ah yes very wise words indeed.

18. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000