Crazy low speed on WOW 2010 i7 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zorn, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

I have a 2010 MBP 15" with a i7 CPU and 512MB Nvidia 335 graphics chip. My desktop power supply just died so I tried to hop into WOW on my MBP, and the results were unplayable. I plugged in my display port 23" monitor, and turned ALL settings to the lowest possible setting , and I get 19FPS in WOW. That completely doesn't sound normal to me. I also have this really nasty input lag from my keyboard, when I press anything, theres a second or so delay before anything happens on screen. Anyone know what could be the cause of these issues, or anything to check? Running Lion.

2. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

What are your results without using an external monitor? Game runs great for me, but runs like crap pushing it to any external monitor.

3. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Same thing for me. That shouldn't be the case though, particularly at the lowest possible settings, should it?

4. Centsy macrumors regular

Perhaps try gfxcardstatus to make sure that you are running on discrete graphics and not integrated?

5. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Fairly certain that I am, when I go to the system info, by display it lists the 330m and not the intel.

6. wiregen macrumors member

7. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

WoW should run fine at medium settings on the 330m, even with an external monitor; it did for me.

Turn off or update your add-ons if you have any to see if that's the issue. When 4.2 was released the game turned into a slide show for me and it ended up being due to an outdated add-on.

8. Zorn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Do you remember which addon was the culprit?

9. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

I don't remember exactly, but it was something that you wouldn't initially suspect of being the cause -- DBM or Recount possibly.