crazy password

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jarn0XD, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Jarn0XD macrumors newbie

i have no password on the account of my mac but every time the computer asks me for the password and i don't type anything it says that i've typed the wrong password?! what can i do on it? i've already deleted my account and made a new one whit the same problem. can anyone help me out of this trouble? please?

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

make a new account with a password, but copy your files onto the new user file so you don't lose anything

3. Dresevski macrumors 6502

Or somebody's playing a trick on you! If you didn't have a password anyone could make one for your account, right?

4. Jarn0XD thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't work

thank you for trying to help me but it doesn't work, every new account has this problem. I've just reinstalled osx but after importing my files from a backup it begins all over again.

5. Jarn0XD thread starter macrumors newbie

i have the same problem on an account with a password, but my mac had already some problems before. because of that i've reinstalled osx many times since i've purchased my mac. the problem appears every time i import my files from my backup-drive, i only import users with Migration Assistant, maybe the problem has something to do with the users-file?

6. Thessman macrumors regular

Try this:
    Make a new user
    set privileges on your previous user so that you can see inside the folders, by using cmd-I (get info).
    copy over all the files from each folder of old user into the equivalent folder of your new user. If the finder asks to replace files select the no replace option.
    Reboot.

this should do it...

7. Jarn0XD thread starter macrumors newbie

It works! thank you for helping me Thessman!