Crazy reason to buy MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fox777, Jan 13, 2010.

1. fox777 macrumors regular

Nov 11, 2008
    I recently bought MBP 2.53 even though I had perfectly working 2 year old Asus with C2D 2.2 Ghz ;ATI HD2600. Reason for purchase? Because MBP looks SO freakin awesome. It is just pure awesomeness. Yes, that was primarily reason for purchase. I also understand that has to be the dumbest reason ever to buy MBP.

What you guys think about this? Also, what are the craziest reason you/friends possibly bought it. Anyone bought it just because of looks?

PS Well HP Envy looks pretty good too but at time of my purchase it was more expensive than MBP
  2. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    While I love the looks for the MBP, and it probably was one small factor. I upgraded from my last MBP because of performance. both in GPU and CPU.

Regardless of what apple may do with the next update, I'll be keeping my laptop for 3+ years. Even if they come out with an even better looking one :)

I'm poor and cannot afford dropping 2.5k every two years - at least not anymore. ;)

Congrats on the new computer, you not only got an awesome computer but a great OS as well.
  3. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    Plenty of people buy the MBP (or any other Apple) because of its looks. Whether it's "stupid" or not is a personal taste issue.