Crazy reason to buy MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fox777, Jan 13, 2010.

1. fox777 macrumors regular

fox777

I recently bought MBP 2.53 even though I had perfectly working 2 year old Asus with C2D 2.2 Ghz ;ATI HD2600. Reason for purchase? Because MBP looks SO freakin awesome. It is just pure awesomeness. Yes, that was primarily reason for purchase. I also understand that has to be the dumbest reason ever to buy MBP.

What you guys think about this? Also, what are the craziest reason you/friends possibly bought it. Anyone bought it just because of looks?
    :apple::apple:

PS Well HP Envy looks pretty good too but at time of my purchase it was more expensive than MBP

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

While I love the looks for the MBP, and it probably was one small factor. I upgraded from my last MBP because of performance. both in GPU and CPU.

Regardless of what apple may do with the next update, I'll be keeping my laptop for 3+ years. Even if they come out with an even better looking one :)

I'm poor and cannot afford dropping 2.5k every two years - at least not anymore. ;)

Congrats on the new computer, you not only got an awesome computer but a great OS as well.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Plenty of people buy the MBP (or any other Apple) because of its looks. Whether it's "stupid" or not is a personal taste issue.