Crazy repair story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mortenjensen, Nov 30, 2014.

1. mortenjensen macrumors regular

Hi all,
    Just gotta share a crazy repair story. I have a MBP 2011 sandy bridge with dedicated GPU, which get a new logic board (on warranty) every half year or so. Each time, I take it to a premium apple reseller called Humac (Denmark). This time, I noticed how they have won themself a bad rep on internet foras, but did not care much. Well, maybe I should had - when I got the machine back (1 week after promised), there was something wrong with the internal screen as can be seen from the photo. It was periodical and tended to go away after some use. There was nothing on the external monitor, and it was indifferent whether it ran on iGPU og dGPU. Well, when I opened up my mac to reinsert my SSD-drive, a loose screw fell out that did not fit anywhere. And when assembled again, the flickering screen was gone.

What you wanna give for that?

I wonder where the screw was stuck and how it made the screen look like that.

Morten
    [​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Bummers man, all I can say is take it back to them and complain.

3. mortenjensen thread starter macrumors regular

well, the "crazy" thing is there is nothing to complain about as it is now. Nothing to see after the screw fell out ...
    Morten

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oh, I thought the screen was messed up based on your image.

5. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

6. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Probably the screw shorted something around the GPU.