Crazy thing happened!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edrubin, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Edrubin macrumors member

I was flying to L.A. last weekend and I turned my iphone off. I was using my laptop so I had no need for it. When I landed I turned it back on and I went to the settings menu to change my brightness. Under Wifi there was a new category that said Carrier and it allowed me to pick different carries....It was weird. My phone isn't even unlocked. After turning it off and on three times it disappeared. Any explanation?

2. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Carrier is something that is on the UK iPhones, not sure why it pops up on the US iPhones and is not there all the time but its nothing to worry about or anything crazy.

3. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

4. Edrubin thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I do not have pictures. I was out of town and did not have a camera on me.

5. ljump12 macrumors 6502

This may be because you were roaming and using another carriers towers.. my phone right now, lets me choose between carriers -- if i'm outside of T-Mobiles coverage.

6. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

Every i phone has it ... at least mine does... if you have a carrier that doesn´t have it´s own antennas and just buys minutes from other carriers i could for example select either at&t or tmobile if they are both roaming partners of the carrier i use at home... so it´s not really anything... in germany i get listed every big provider there is but if i want to choose another one than my own i just get in error ...so its safe to have it just set on automatic cause if you are in another country it just gives you the best roaming partner it can find