Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Dog owners often do things for their pet that other people would just consider downright nutty...lets share. here are some of mine...

Came home one day to find my Weimaraner Zoey had eaten an entire box of Ritz crackers on my bed...Already had a bad day at work so I was pretty pissed that I had to clean that up...Yelled at her, than ignored her the whole night. The next day I felt guilty about it so bought her a steak for dinner...My dinner that night was a bowl of cereal.

She sleeps at the foot of my bed, and at bedtime plays, "Im too little, pick me up" game, so I need to pick her and put her on the bed..When Im not around she jumps up and down on the bed without a problem.

Also, except for work, she pretty much goes everywhere with me...

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
We have 3 dogs. But our English Bulldog is quite the beast at 85 pounds. He believes that he is a lap dog which I correct quite often. Each evening he will come into our family room and stare at my wife. If she ignores him then he will start a low growl at her. This is because he wants the chair my wife is sitting in. She has obliged him over the years by getting up and moving to another seat, allowing him to have the chair. Worst part is, because he is so big, he can get up with his front legs but not that back legs. So we have to physically lift his butt onto the chair. Now how many of you would do that for your dog? Below is Sluggo.

Attachments

• Sluggo 2009_11.JPG
    Sluggo 2009_11.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 74

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Dog owners often do things for their pet that other people would just consider downright nutty...lets share. here are some of mine...

Came home one day to find my Weimaraner Zoey had eaten an entire box of Ritz crackers on my bed...Already had a bad day at work so I was pretty pissed that I had to clean that up...Yelled at her, than ignored her the whole night. The next day I felt guilty about it so bought her a steak for dinner...My dinner that night was a bowl of cereal.

She sleeps at the foot of my bed, and at bedtime plays, "Im too little, pick me up" game, so I need to pick her and put her on the bed..When Im not around she jumps up and down on the bed without a problem.

Also, except for work, she pretty much goes everywhere with me...

Talk about being whipped...:p

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
We have to heat up the dog food, otherwise ours won't touch it. He also doesn't like drinking out of a regular water dish, so we give him an actual cup or let him drink from a water bottle.

I think it's all BS, my parents just won't give him time to learn.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
My dog (RIP) had to take a pill on a daily basis. She wouldn't just eat the pill, we had to hide it in human food. Used to be bread would work, then once she got sick of bread, we moved on to deli meats. She was fine with the cheap deli meats for awhile, but then she stopped eating those and it eventually got to the point where she'd only eat Boars Head deli meats. So every week the grocery shopping would include picking up some Boars Head meats solely for the purpose of giving her a pill.

Can't say I blame her though, when it comes to deli meats, I'll only eat Boars Head too :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.