I've recently sold my 4,1 and am really trying to hold out for a Mac Pro refresh. I've been mostly alright using my Mac Book but am starting to dislike it. I kind of talked myself into using my Mac Book and not putting anymore money into the 4,1... I was going to get a refurb 2013 but only if I could use Apple Pay in store to get a Discover card promotion that would have ended up giving me 20% as cash back - that doesn't look it's going to be able to happen and I'm having a hard time buying a regular refurb with 10% cash back for a machine with an e5 v2 - though they remain relatively current at the moment, especially price wise with the price of the 2013 Mac Pros. If Apple stays anything like their past then I would expect a release to be around March of 2016 at the earliest - though who really knows. In any event, I'm not sure I can hold out that long. I bought the 4,1 in 2012 and kind of would like to be at the current curve with the next refresh, but I use my Macs to make a living so I'm not sure how feasible that is - do you think I'll take a huge bath on the value of 2013 bought today when a refresh occurs? I'd rather have the 8 core, but think the 6 core is less risky (value wise) and maybe even a potential candidate for a 10 core upgrade at some point if a 2016 refresh doesn't happen until Q4 or even slips until 2017. I'd probably even do the quad core but I can't find one with D700s, being as the GPUs are the only non upgradable component I'd prefer to get D700s and workout the rest. What do you think? I think and talk myself into circles with this stuff.