Crazy Twisted Upgrade Logic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ggibson913, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Ok, I admit it, I miss the iPhone. It isn't that the GS5 doesn't do the job, it is just I think I want the new iPhone. There are currently two ways I can upgrade. I am on AT&T Next 12. I can:

Pay off the phone for nearly $500 and sell it on e-bay.

Pay an Early upgrade fee which equals the number of payments I have left on the Next 12 plan and trade it in for new iPhone.

Both sound completely crazy at first blush, but, I would have to pay the Early upgrade fee anyway in the form of device payments., so I owe that money on this phone anyway. The difference is that I would be able to get the new phone immediately and start paying on that. I am really thinking of paying the early upgrade fee and getting the iPhone I want. Plus it i looking like I won't see an iPhone for at least another month regardless of what I order, not to mention that I want to get a look at them physically before making a move.

First world problems right? What do you guys think? I do like that I am able to get out of the GS5 if I want to earlier but regardless would have to trade it in or pay it off and sell it. I am finding they don't retain their value very well and once ebay takes their cut the result may well be the same.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

If you HAD to have the iPhone 6/6+ the only question I would be asking would be the following:

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

4. ggibson913 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Well that is kind of the point. It is going to cost me the early upgrade fee whether I pay it now or if I pay it over time for the next 7 monthsas my next 12 payment.

5. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular