Crazy yellowing at bottom fix

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shyfe, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Shyfe macrumors member

not sure if this was a huge coincidence or whatever, but I was at the beach and I put my iPhone in my shoe to listen to some music. I noticed the front bottom home button part was exposed to the sun later on and it that it got quite hot. so quickly i took a look at it to make sure it was ok and i noticed the yellow screen at the bottom was much less yellow. it might have been me getting more used to it. i'm not too sure.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Wait, forget the yellow screen part, what I want to know is why you put your phone in your shoe...to listen to music?

3. Shyfe thread starter macrumors member

i didn't bring a towel or anything i was just laying in the sand and i'm pretty sure putting the iphone in sand isn't a good idea.

4. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Expose it to heat. Good idea. Not near the beach so I'll probably just put mine in the oven or under the iron.

5. ddavid macrumors regular

Maybe the inside of your shoe made that part MORE yellow? BTW, Where's Agent 99?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm Confused

are we supposed to put our I phones in shoes, to remove the yellow or put them out in the sun? or maybe it was the smell of the Ocean that fixed the yellow! hmmm or was it the Iphone getting over heated so many possibility's. maybe looking at the yellow sun then at you Iphone made look less yellow! back to the beach Batman too do more research.