Creaitng a US Account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arfus, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Arfus macrumors member

IS it all right to make a US account even tho i live in norway? To be able to watch and rent movies from itunes?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I believe that all you need is a US address and zip code, and that people have used an hotel address and created an account.

3. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

apart from a US address, you'd also need a US credit card in order to purchase/rent content ->

From the itunes store terms of service:

to purchase from an iTunes Store in a particular country, you must have both a residential address and a billing address in that particular country. Items on any particular country's iTunes Store are available only for distribution to customers who use a credit card, debit card, iTunes Gift Certificate, or iTunes Gift Card issued in and for that country.

however, you should be able to set up an US iTS account and get all the free content -> Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

4. Andreas Grauel macrumors newbie

You can buy the Gift Cards on eBay very cheap ! Some friends of mine do the same ;-)

5. Arfus thread starter macrumors member

I have a Jetcarrier adress in the US Also i bought gift cards. so its legal then? =DDD