Creak sounds

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dlk, Nov 18, 2015.

1. dlk macrumors newbie

dlk

Hi, I have problem with my new macbook air 2015. It makes strange creak sounds next to trackpad. I tried to send it to service but they didnt repair it and told that there was no problem. I attach video for better imagination.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yep. I got one last month and had the creaking issues with the bottom casing/cover...some of the screws seemed loose or something. I brought it to Apple and they said they couldn't fix it but I could have them remove each component of the computer to determine which I causing the issue or I could return it to where I bought it (Best Buy).

So, I exchanged it for another at Best Buy and I had the same issue so I'm just gonna live with it for now. It's annoying, but it's probably a manufacturing defect which obviously has no impact on the computers function.

3. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Mine kind of does that, just not nearly as loud. It's actually gotten a lot quieter since I got it in June. Almost unnoticeable at this point but yours is pretty bad. Is the clicking the casing itself or the trackpad? My casing creaks, but doesn't click like that. It also flexes quite a bit when pushed around the trackpad, but all Airs do that due to the thinness and rubber feet. My MBP doesn't of course.

4. dlk thread starter macrumors newbie

dlk

Its a case sound not trackpad... It is really loud sound :(

5. ctg7w6 macrumors regular

I have the same problem. Was very surprised when I bought a 2015 MBA. I think it's just Apple's design... The wedge design, or their sick obsession with thinness. Did anyone else have creaking on MBAs before 2015? I came from a (rather thick) MBP from 2010 and it was solid.

Simply put, I will be getting a MBP in about 2 years because I don't trust wedge shapes and I need something a lot more potent than a rMB.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yeah, it's not the trackpad. For me, the issue seems to be the bottom cover/casing...I doesn't seem to be seated with the rest of the casing properly or it isn't right enough. Apple told me they couldn't find anything wrong with mine though after they tried to tighten it/re-seat it so it's probably just poor design. Disappointing, but I'll live with it because everything else about the Air is great.