Creaking Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikelong622, Nov 16, 2007.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Couldn't find any posts specifically on this so here goes. Everytime I take my hands off my keyboard i get a clicking noise in the bottom left corner of my Macbook. It's less than 3 weeks old so it kidna sucks that it's happening already. Also, when I leave it plugged into my speakers, i get a pop every few minutes simlar to what happens when I plug it in when my speakers are on. Any ideas of if Apple would fix this or not?

2. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

I see this thread is two months old without any replies, but I found it while doing a Google search about something similar. Just curious if there was any resolution, because I've run into something with my 2.6GHz 17" high-res MBP where the right palm rest creaks with any change in pressure or position of my wrist while typing. It's barely audible when the machine is cold, but it gets louder as the machine warms up.

Since I type a lot, all day long and in a quiet environment, it's sort of a leaky faucet. No big deal at first, but once noticed it becomes progressively more annoying until you can't stand it anymore.

I'm taking mine in tomorrow and betting a replacement of the top case will fix the issue. I'm happy to say that my local Apple store has always been EXTREMELY good about customer service and satisfaction, even when it means breaking with some of Apple's more annoying points of policy, so I'm fairly confident they'll be willing to work with me on this and replace the top case under warranty, even for such a minor "defect".