Creaking MBP Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gofre, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Gofre macrumors regular

Hi all,

So yeah, I took my MBP into the Apple Store on Saturday because after an unfortunate incident, I'd managed to crack the glass on the screen. Luckily because the screen itself wasn't damaged in any way, I got the repair for free, but they told me that due to how the Pro is assembled the entire upper half of the laptop would need to be replaced.
    So when I went to pick it up yesterday (As a new Apple customer, I was very impressed that they managed to perform the repair overnight. It took Sony a week to just evaluate the damage on my previous machine =P), it all seemed great. You could tell the top had been replaced, and it worked without any problems. However the noise in the Apple Store disguised a flaw in this screen that wasn't present in the previous screen, or in the screen of any Pro I've used before- it's creaks pretty loudly whenever the screen is moved. After spending two months with a silent hinge than moves effortlessly (There also appears to be more resistance when adjusting the viewing angle, although that may just be in my head), I just know this is going to start driving me insane!

Has anybody had a similar issue, and did you get it resolved? I'm planning to visit the Apple Store this week if the iPad 2 is released (Ironically to buy an original iPad, which will hopefully see a significant price drop =P), should I ask them to sort this out while I'm there? I've got AppleCare if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated [=

2. Gofre thread starter macrumors regular

Apologies for the double post, but I might be going to the Store this afternoon so could use some input [=

3. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

They will almost certainly be able to adjust the hinge in-store, possibly while you wait.
    Worst-case, you may have to leave it with them.
    They`ll sort it, don`t worry.

4. Gofre thread starter macrumors regular

That's great, thanks [=