Creaking RMBP 13inch 2014

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macfreak101, Nov 26, 2014.

1. macfreak101 macrumors regular

hey everyone i am experiencing some creaking sounds on my rmbp 13 inch 2014 model. like if i lift my computer when open it creaks sometimes and if i press the top right or left corners it creaks again? Is this normal or should i be worried?

2. ajbudis macrumors newbie

Screws on the bottom are loose. If you have the proper screwdriver and tighten them it will resolve problem

3. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

its barely 2 months old, and this wasn't the problem earlier. Are you sure its because of the screws? Upon researching i realized that its a very common thing. i paid so much for it and this quality. I don't have the screw driver and i live in a country where apple only exists through resellers so there are no genius bars and the apple service is horrible i rather do not want them to touch my computer.

4. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

Lol my fiance has a Samsung laptop she bought for about £550 about 2 years ago and you can't pick it up without it creaking! The lid wobbles and the screen looks crap.

I can't wait to get my rMBP, hopefully she will give in and get one too

5. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

Creaking and uneven colored display are normal in rMBPs. Unless it's too distracting to you, you should avoid returning. Things can always get worse.

6. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I've had the first 13" rMBP and the mid 2014 13" rMBP and neither of them creaked.

7. ajbudis macrumors newbie

Well, I am speaking from personal experience. Guess if my advice doesn't work you are beat.

8. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

what do you suggest i do? how could it be normal it is a 1600$ computer for god sakes.

i know even mine is just 2 months old and i bought it from the states and now I'm in a different country. Could it be because i open and close my lid approx 20-30 times a day? Mine only creaks if i apply pressure or if my lift computer and then turn it towards me at 90 degrees.
    did that solve your problem?

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

What exactly is your problem?
    Is your MacBook not working correctly or are you just annoyed by a slight sound?

10. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

i went to the service center and they tightened the screws, now it seems to be fine

11. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

My $20k car has a slight rattle when I go over bumps. My 50" plasma creaks when I move it. My $240 shoes get wet when I step in a puddle. Just because you spent over a thousand dollars for your MacBook (congrats!) doesn't make it unacceptable for minor issues to present themselves. Your screws loosened slightly from normal use. Grab a screw driver, and stop being so dramatic.

Phew.

12. brdeveloper, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014

brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

13. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah lol but i have never spent so much on a computer so a little obsession with it. The creaks have disappeared but this strange new thing started like when i hold the laptop in clamshell you know the sound you get while you close the the case or a door of a car something like that i got from the bottom of the case as if it wasn't closed perfectly and this first happened as soon as the guy handed me the laptop and then he assured me it wouldn't happen again but last night it happened again, Im so worried that they screwed it up but again since morning nothing has happened. You know when you knock on a false wall and on a real wall you get different sounds like hollow sounds so when i knock the centre of the bottom case I'm getting those hollow sounds while when i knock the sides it seems to be as if there is something there. but those hollow sounds frighten me as if the case has bent

14. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

Whenever i place the laptop on a flat surface the screen wobbles a bit. Is it normal for the screen to wobble a bit while placing it on a flat surface? After that initial wobble there is no wobble. While typing also there is no wobble it is only while placing it on a surface .

15. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

I went to the service center again and told that guy that the sound was back. I told him that the sound would only come if i would press the top left or right corners of the case while the screen was open and then if I moved the screen, he agreed that some screws were loose or something and he told me to leave the computer with them for 2 days and said that they would disassemble the display and refix it again to the case. The sound is very faint but annoying and this being only 2 months old I don't like the fact that they will open everything up and re fix it on top of that these are apple authorized service center which aren't owned by apple so I don't know , what if they screw up? Guys suggestions please, I'm sorry but this sound is annoying. You're suggestions would be really helpful. Can they cause damage by assembling the screen again or should i just go for it?