Creaking rMBP 15" - Ever get a solution?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hface119, Oct 24, 2012.

1. hface119 macrumors member

Oct 24, 2012
    I've searched and searched.. I bought my 15" rMBP on August 31. In addition, I bought a TB display, Airport Extreme, Apple TV, Magic Trackpad, Keyboard, and lord knows what else. In all, I spent just over $4,000. I started noticing the creaking on my MacBook right away, but was in fear of returning it because I had a perfect Samsung screen and thought that its clearly a widespread problem not effecting performance so I let it go.

Now though, the creaking is getting worse and I'm reminded of how disappointing this is, not to mention frustrating. $4,000 on a computer package, and it better be PERFECT.

In addition, I bought AppleCare. My question is, what will they do about this? Fixing it is a fine solution for me - like I said, everything else is perfect. But, do they even know what the problem is?
  2. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2012
    I just got the screws unscrewed and then I reseated the backplate and then rescrewed it. I've yet to have the problem since.
  3. hface119 thread starter macrumors member

Oct 24, 2012
    So you did it yourself? Does removing the backplate myself (with pentalobe driver, of course) void AppleCare?
  4. procrastinasn macrumors regular

Jun 20, 2010