Creaking rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NR123, Jun 17, 2014.

1. NR123 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a late 2013 15" retina MacBook Pro and it creaks quite badly. For example, if I carry the laptop in my backpack and take it out and rest my palms on it gently, it creaks from pretty much everywhere. It sounds quite bad and feels like something is going to crack.

I know this issue has been covered widely, but I have been to the Apple store and they suggested an entire bottom half replacement. I wasn't keen on this, so he reseated the bottom cover. This hasn't helped. The reason I don't want to have the bottom half replaced is I believe taking something apart reduces its original strength, especially when it is designed to be one piece.

My question is, who else has this and how did you have the issue resolved?

I also found I have an LG screen, but I'm pleased to say it doesn't ghost and I don't think there's a yellow tint; though, I don't really notice these things. Plus I have the Samsung SSD, which is super quick.

2. Quackers macrumors 6502a

I think I'd rather have a new bottom case.
    My mid 2012 15" rMBP has had a new screen, a new heatsink and a new logic board.
    No creaks here :)

3. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

Why should having the bottom replaced make it any weaker than having the bottom taken off and re-seated? That makes no sense.

Just let them do the replacement.

Barney

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Replacing the bottom case keeps your display assembly (Screen, Bezel, Hinges, etc.) and your Logic Board. The battery and lower part of the aluminum case are replaced.