Creaking sound in 15 inch late 2016 MBP chassi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macaman, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Macaman macrumors member

I have used the new late 2016 15 MBP since december 2016 and except some weird beachballs while using Safari, I'm quite satisfied with it.

There is however one thing that really annoys me, every time I start the computer after a few mins of usage there is a creaking sound, the creaking sound is quite loud and when the computer gets warm it creaks several times
    First I did not really know where it came from, I thought the source was the trackpad but now I'm quite sure it must be from the chassi.

I concluded that this sound is happening because of the temperature changes in the unibody, but I also have an old 2009 15 inch MBP, and it creaked a little bit, especially when you held it but the creaking in this new laptop is really loud and it happens without me even touching it.

Do anybody else have the same annoying experience?

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Yes, there has been another thread about this here recently.

3. Macaman thread starter macrumors member

Aha, well good to know Im not the only one. I usually don't care much about small imperfections, but this damn creaking is so prominent and loud that it makes the overall usage of the laptop less enjoyable.