Create a send-only email account?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrcalabash, Oct 17, 2011.

1. mrcalabash macrumors member

I forward email from one of email accounts to another, so on my iphone and ipad I get duplicate messages after I download from both.

Is there a simple way to have an account as send only? On my windows mail, I can uncheck the box, "include this account when receiving mail," and I can still send from that account. On the iphone/ipad there seems to be nothing similar.

I googled and found workarounds where you put in invalid incoming server info, while leaving the outgoing info correct, but you get error messages popping up even though it might work. Plus that's inelegant.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Depending on what e-mail service you use it might be possible to set up some kind of rule to forward and then delete the message in the Inbox.

Or, if you just use the one e-mail address solely as a forwarding address, why do you need to look at the inbox in the first place?

3. mrcalabash thread starter macrumors member

Yes, the forward delete should work, but it should be a feature to allow you to exclude an email account not to download messages but still allow sending.

4. muppix macrumors newbie

Was there ever a good solution posted for this? I'm currently keeping a Parallels VM with Windows 7 and Outlook just so that I can send as an alternative email address - there has to be something better!