Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
i have a quick programming question, that i am asking on here first before i go to a c++ specific board.
im in university. and i have a term project. i am creating an editor, all in c++ and all in the command prompt environment.
i am wondering if there is a way to have possibly 2 seperate frames in 1 command prompt window that i can manipulate.
what im trying to do is have a lower section of the window display menu options constantly, and that will be the lower third of the window. the top 2 thirds of the window i want to display the file, and youd possibly (ideally) be able to scroll the top frame through to view the entire document, without scrolling the menu out of view.

does anybody know if this is at all possible? i have roughly 5 years of c++ experience but absolutely no interface background knowledge with cit and that is why i am asking you guys. any help would be killer but im not expecting much (since i dont believe its at all possible!) :p

thanks in advance for any help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.