Create blank icon on home page?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sfwalter, Jul 13, 2008.

1. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Hi,

Is there a way to have a spacer icon on the home page? I want to keep my home pages nice and organized. For example I want to do something like this:

app1 app2 app3 <nothing>
    app4 app5 <nothing>
    app6

Any thoughts?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How about storing bookmarks in the places where you want a space and use a simple black box as the icon?

3. Sphyrna macrumors regular

How do you change the icon for the bookmark?

4. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

Perhaps I am darft, but I can't figure out how? I have the 3G, and I have tried to figure out on my own how to add a bookmark to the icons on the Home pages? What I want to do is simply add a "space", for organisational reasons.

5. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Interesting question; I just tried this by creating an empty black page on my website and adding it to my homescreen. You have to name it something however (I just named it "."), so there's a dot there, and it also puts the glossy button overlay over the black. So no, it isn't invisible like you're looking for.

[​IMG]

6. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

The only way to do it is to jailbreak and fiddle around inside a bit; I have the same issue, I like keeping my home screen neat and tidy, and I also like keeping it looking like 1.0.x. Once you jailbreak, it's easy to keep an app on the home screen and have it totally hidden. If you're hacked, PM me for details, or if other people are interested, I can post here too.

Basically, I just hid an app launcher so I can keep my home screen looking just like 1.0.x, but still have quick access to all my apps :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Dude, answer your phone and check your email already! :D

8. philgilder macrumors 68000

i did this by jailbraking my 1st gen (i now have a 3g)
    edited a file on the iphone to give it a blank name and replaced the icon with a black square

9. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Ever take it in for service with it like that? And if so, did you get away with it?