Create bootable flash or clean install

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sajjadzare, Mar 22, 2014.

1. sajjadzare macrumors newbie

I download Mavericks(.dmg) and extract it and copy them to Applications.now i connect a 8G flash(I format it with Mac OSX extended...) and run below code in terminal

Code:
    sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction
    but occur error that

2. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

Where exactly did you download the dmg file from?

Was it the mac app store?

I don't think so.

If you downloaded it from the mac app store it would have worked.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

^^

This, you have the wrong DMG...Dl from a reputable source and it will work fine.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Is the extracted file called "Install OS X Mavericks.app"
    It needs to be exact.

5. sgtbob macrumors regular

sgtbob

I upgraded to OS X 10.9 (now have 10.9.2 installed); however some instructions as regards 'Download an OS X installer' are somewhat confusing.

The instructions indicate '...After purchasing and downloading OS X from the App Store, the installation program will automatically start. Instead of completing the installation immediately, quit the installer and make a copy of the OS X installer (copy it from the Applications folder to your Downloads folder)...'.

I do not have a disc to begin the process since I did the installation as a download direct from the store when I bought the program, but I do not see the OS X installer in the Downloads or Applications files.

Guidance and instruction would be most appreciated.

Bob

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If you get Mavericks from the App Store and cancel the installation you will find the app, "Install OS X Mavericks" in your Applications folder.
    If you don't then something is wrong and you might want to try downloading it again.
    To use the sudo command listed in the very first post, it must be in the Applications folder and not the Download folder.

7. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

I always used Disk Utility and copied it to a flash drive using the Installer.dmg

8. Gjwilly, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

Gjwilly macrumors 68030

9. unplugme71 macrumors 68030