Create buttons from pictures

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Blakeasd, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Blakeasd macrumors 6502a

Hello.
    I was looking through the ios resources and I wanted to recreate the buttons. I noticed however the buttons are split into 2 parts left and right. My question is how do I stich the two buttons together. Is it programatic. I really want to use the buttons apple created.
    (The buttons are for a mac program I am working on -- Not IOS)

Thanks

2. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

If I understand you correctly - you want to use a Segmented control (NSSegmentedControl). You can add them to your window programmatically or in Interface Builder.

3. Blakeasd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am trying to create a button, not a segmented control. I am trying to use two images, a right image, and a left. How can I stich these two together to make one button.

4. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

I don't understand your question

I don't understand where you're starting from or what it is you want to do.

5. Blakeasd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was looking through the resources of an Apple app. I wanted to recreate on of the buttons. The button's image was split into 2 parts. A left part and a right part. I think apple draws the middle of the button so it fits together. Can someone help me do this? Here is a picture of the two parts.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h386/Blakeasd/Screenshot2011-02-03at73318PM.png

As you can see from the screenshot there are two parts to the button. I think Apple draws the Middle of it, how do I do this?

Please Help
    Thanks

6. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

There should be a third part which fills the remainder of the button.

Take a look at NSDrawThreePartImage()

7. Blakeasd thread starter macrumors 6502a