Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
Nice. I had done something similar using FileBrowser Pro which I use for general file management on my iPad - create a desktop link to a folder in FB which in turn contained my relevant-to-me folders.
I use FB pro too, but never could get the widgets or linked folders to work reliably. So I use the files ApL for this purpose. Plus I make a lot of use of Cryptomator and I can’t reliably get that working in FB pro either. So I use a combo of the two.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
I mean apps from the App Store.

Currently it creates a billion new home pages.
here is some general info on how to organize the homescreen and app library. Here is a link to the Homescreen Creator short cut, and to one of many descriptions on how to organize your apps in folders.

Depending which apps you use there additional options like creating dedicated folders and linking to them in e.g. FileBrowser Go/Pro.

Last not least the ultimate knowledge guide about every iPad model current in use which offers much more problem-specific tailored information. Please make sure to select your model correctly. ?

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
hi
I'm new to ios..
i bought mini 1yr ago..
i can't find answer for this anywhere :::

i just wanna create folder on desktop, download everything to it..

why is that so hard?

thx
I just set this up since it was such a good idea.

• Go to Settings->Safari
  • Click on Downloads
  • Choose Other….
  • Navigate to the top level of Files and select On My iPad
  • If you don’t have Download folder, click the Folder+ button at the top of the window and create it.
  • Go to the Shortcuts app
  • Hit the + button at the top of the screen
  • Name the Shortcut Downloads. Choose a file folder icon by clicking on the default icon and tap Glyph->Objects and scroll to find the icon
  • On the right pane, chose Documents
  • Click on Folder
  • On the left pane click on Folder and choose On My iPad->Dowloads
  • On the right pane choose Scripting->Open App
  • On the left pane, App, Choose Files
  • Click on the top the control icon And click on Add to home screen
  • Name the Shortcut Downloads
Now on the Home Screen, click on Downloads and the files app opens to the On My iPad->Downloads folder

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I just set this up since it was such a good idea.

• Go to Settings->Safari
  • Click on Downloads
  • Choose Other….
  • Navigate to the top level of Files and select On My iPad
  • If you don’t have Download folder, click the Folder+ button at the top of the window and create it.
  • Go to the Shortcuts app
  • Hit the + button at the top of the screen
  • Name the Shortcut Downloads. Choose a file folder icon by clicking on the default icon and tap Glyph->Objects and scroll to find the icon
  • On the right pane, chose Documents
  • Click on Folder
  • On the left pane click on Folder and choose On My iPad->Dowloads
  • On the right pane choose Scripting->Open App
  • On the left pane, App, Choose Files
  • Click on the top the control icon And click on Add to home screen
  • Name the Shortcut Downloads
Now on the Home Screen, click on Downloads and the files app opens to the On My iPad->Downloads folder
Very cool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.