Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhk15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Hi all, I have been using an iPhone on and off for 5 years now. I love a lot of things about it, but there is one thing that bugs me so much I have made an account here, just so I can ask you guys if you have any suggestions. Here is an example of what I experience:

1. I am looking for a certain Buisness nearby, let's say Walmart
2. I find the Walmart that I want to go to and google allows me to see their link, number, address, etc. See pic #1
3. Now I have called Walmart and I have finished my Buisness. Everything is good until here
4. Now it's two weeks later and I want the address for that Walmart. What I have to do is search for it again and find the addres again.

My question is: is there any way of automatically adding google contacts to iPhones contact including the Buisness address, phone number, etc.??

The only solution I have come up with so far is to take a screen shot of the attached pic and make it my contact's picture. This is really difficult to work with because now I have to type each of these pieces of information myself by switching between Reminder an contacts :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 122

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, first, did you actually save it as a contact at some point (it seems that in your steps you don't mention that)?

Beyond that, it depends on what the application you are using offers you as far as those abilities go. For example, if you use Apple's Maps app to search and view details of a business you have the option to add that business as a contact, which would save the available information (like phone number, address, website, etc.) into the contact.

mhk15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
thank you for your reply! I do save the contact at some point, and I am aware of maps, but the problem with maps is that it has a lot less locations than the google sever.

Do you know of any other services that allow me to save the contact just like maps??

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
thank you for your reply! I do save the contact at some point, and I am aware of maps, but the problem with maps is that it has a lot less locations than the google sever.

Do you know of any other services that allow me to save the contact just like maps??
I believe Apple Maps uses Yelp information and that should really have quite a collection of locations. Aside from Maps you'd probably want to look into some similar apps like other mapping apps, Yelp, Foursquare, Around Me, etc. to see if those might allow to save contact information with details.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.