create pdf from email body on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by silverblack, Jun 20, 2012.

1. silverblack, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

There are a few apps out there that can create pdf file from email attachment. However, I want to turn the body of an email into pdf. Does anyone know how to do it?

2. Grey Hound macrumors newbie

Have you tried using print screen and convert it to pdf?

3. reppans macrumors member

4. silverblack thread starter macrumors 68030

silverblack

I found this app, which is supposed to convert email to pdf. But I am NOT spending $10 on this. That's too expensive.

itunes.apple.com/ca/app/print-to-pdf-for-iphone-ipad/id491848136?mt=8

5. reppans, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

reppans macrumors member

Well for a $1 you can get Notability, a very cool app that's worth it by itself. Then either copy and and paste all the text over, or do print screens to the photo album and import them into Notability.

Once in Notability, you can save to PDF and send it wirelessly to Dropbox, for example. Not ideal, but I'm finding Notability to be pretty good work around solution for many things.

6. silverblack, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012

silverblack thread starter macrumors 68030

silverblack

Print to PDF for iPhone and iPad

After some research, apparently this is current the only app that allows you to print from safari and Mail using the AirPrint function - Print to PDF for iPhone and iPad by xu jianwei

It works as advertised on iOS 5.1.1. I used the method that requires the purchase of another $5 app (Find my Printer app). So the total cost is $15 + tax. Nevertheless, I need to archive and annotate mails and so I think it is well worth it, especially when no other apps can do the same thing.

Note: the AirPrint pdf printing does not work with iOS 6 beta at the moment.

7. silverblack thread starter macrumors 68030

silverblack

^^^ follow up: I emailed the developer about compatibility with iOS 6. They were very responsive, and indicated that they are working on it. I highly recommend this app, if you don't mind the high price.

8. Dags macrumors newbie

Convert Email to PDF

You shouldn't need to buy an app. You can use www.EmailExporter.com for free. The website doesn't look as good when using it on the iPad or iPhone but it works great. It will convert your email to PDF, or several emails to one PDF.

9. Cgd macrumors newbie

I have been looking for an email pdf converter app and did not want to spend the money. This is a great suggestion and works very well with easy upload to drop box.

Thanks for the tip.