Create visitor counter for blogger

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Emeraldscorpion, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Emeraldscorpion macrumors newbie

This is my blog: http://macleopardtips.blogspot.com/
    BTW This is my first blog don't demoraalise me too much!:p
    Anyway, i'm using this template and Calibri as the font. I want to create a hit counter to show something like this:

[​IMG]
    However, all the hit counters I found on the net look wierd/not Apple-ish enough. So I want to create my own, but I don't know how. Help?

2. Emeraldscorpion thread starter macrumors newbie

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Learn PHP and graphic design and then you can make your own.

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Like what? You didn't include the example in your post.

BTW, hit counters are strongly discouraged these days. This includes text and odometer style. Users will be encouraged to contribute based on quality content and design, not just because you started the counter at 15,000 (which everyone knows can be done). In addition, you should install Google Analytics so *you* can tell who really visited what links, how long, when and from where, etc. as well as simply how many times. Much more useful info if you ask me.

My .02

5. needlnerdz macrumors regular

needlnerdz

I second that - counters, as cool as they were in the 90's and geocities [RIP] days, are oh so passé today. Not only is the number usually faked to read in the hundreds of thousands, it will only provide a sad and discouraging note for yourself and repeat visitors when it's realized that the number is nearly static [that is until the website becomes a hit and is flooded...]. Having the stats in the background, either provided by your hosting company or google analytics, is a nice way to view those statistics plus more for the one person who needs to know, you- since I doubt that anyone will be the least bit influenced by a counter today. I think it's safe to say the same about blinking text, graphical web awards and drop shadows, no?

6. Emeraldscorpion thread starter macrumors newbie