create wifi?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by anaelmasri, Sep 17, 2008.

1. anaelmasri macrumors newbie

hi so i just bought my iphone a couple of days ago
    i have been trying to find a wifi connection and never really would find one, and when i do, its usually password protected
    i was wondering if its possible for me to create my own connection? or is there another way to find more connections>?

2. siufai macrumors member

You can set up a wireless network in your home if you buy a wireless router and set it up with your ISP.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

If you have a Mac with an AirPort card, simply use System Preferences>Sharing>Internet then from Built-in Ethernet to Airport to create your own WiFi Network.

TEG

4. chanbocatco macrumors newbie

you can make the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a Router,read the Guide here.

5. MacKinvan macrumors newbie

Wifi Access Point

I think what they were asking, is can the iPhone be used as a wifi access point. A buddy of mine showed me on his Win Mobile phone that he can take the 3G data connection and turn his actually phone into an access point. I actually connected my iPhone to his phone and got internet access. Same goes for my laptop as well.

So does anyone know if that is possible?