Create your own app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by xpsm1730, Jun 25, 2009.

1. xpsm1730 macrumors regular

Is it possible to create an app for the Iphone with no programming knowledge?

Is there an easy step guide/template to follow?

I am not a programmer but I want to create an app.

2. poolish macrumors regular

think you need to know C to be able to do anything good.. i gave it ago a while ago but dont know C so didnt get very far.

try...

iPhone Dev Central

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Expect a steep learning curve. You will need to learn programming; specifically, Objective-C. There are books for this, and I would recommend them as you have no prior programming knowledge (the Macrumors forums search bar is your friend). Objective-C, once you learn it can be very easy relative to other programming languages. There's no drag-and-drop way to make an app though, sorry.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Simple answers, no and no (as far as I know they haven't come up any software that would be a template). You need to know Objective-C and you have to get the SDK. There is some software for using html that I heard about, but you'd still have to know how to "program" in html.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Thanks for putting that program word in quotes. HTML is not a programming language; it is a markup language (hence the ML).

6. BlackWolf macrumors regular

that - of course - isn't possible. while an interface can be built via drag&drop, how should that work for the program logic? because the logic of an app is unique, so it can't be dragged&dropped or anything.

if you have an idea that's worth it: sit down and learn objective-c!