iPhone Create your own 'Power' menu with Activator

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dlmart2, Nov 13, 2014.

1. dlmart2, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

Here is an activator 'action' I created for when I press/hold the Sleep/Power Button - It's annoying to have to press and hold both the Sleep button and Power button just to reboot.

[​IMG]

Instructions:

Go to-->Activator-->Menus-->add New Menu-->add a 'Title' (i.e. Power Options) to the menu-->add Action (this is where you scroll down to System Actions).
    Next, you choose which actions you're going to use for your list. For each actions i.e. (Power Down, Reboot, Respring, Safemode) you choose, you have to go back and add another "action" (until you're satisfied with your list).
    Lastly, go back to where it says "Anywhere". Tap this and scroll down to "Sleep Button". Tap on the "Long Hold". From here you choose (whatever the title (i.e. Power Options) of your Menu list is).

Inspired by the Power Tap tweak - I chose to use activator - why install another tweak when you can do it with a tweak you already have. :)

2. Pared3s macrumors regular

3. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

That's a good tip. I take functionality of the sleep button off in the lock screen just as an extra layer of security in case my phone gets stolen. Along with disabling access to turn off wifi, lte, and Bluetooth with FlipControlCenter.

4. Ken Kaniff macrumors regular

Wait wait wait. What exactly is the difference between your method and using the power button then swiping? Other than you actually need to press the button again to turn the phone on. Is that it, that's what you're trying to avoid here?

5. dlmart2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Create your own 'Power' menu with Activator

If you look at the image and instructions this method gives you more than just power off.

6. Ken Kaniff, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

Ken Kaniff macrumors regular

I understand that. At first I thought 'why not just use 'RePower' or another app, but then again if you can accomplish the same thing utilizing existing apps I stead of installing more, then more power to you good sir.

I shall try this method on my iPad. Thanks!

Edit... I should have just read your entire post to begin with LOL... Forgive me! :)

7. dlmart2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No problem.