Created my 1st DVD with iDVD's Magic DVD feature...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trek1500, Jul 16, 2008.

1. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

Last night I created my 1st DVD with iDVD's Magic DVD feature..

I watched the video tutorial on Apple's site which was perfect as I hate reading instructions and had already imported videos & pictures from my Sony Camcorder & digital camera so I had a lot of content to choose from.

I enjoyed looking at all the various "themes" and am really impressed with how professional they all looked. Once I selected my theme it was a matter of dragging and dropping my videos and photos into the various drop zones.
    After typing in my text and descriptions I was ready to burn my project!
    Later I realized that I could have incorporated transitions and other neat little effects into my slideshows but being my 1st..I thought I did pretty well!

When I popped the DVD into my home player I was impressed with how professional it looked! I'm going to have so much fun creating videos for my family and friends. The finished product looks like it could have been put together by a professional video production company!

I've had my Mac Mini for 3 days now and have had so much fun getting acclimated to the Apple OS and discovering their fabulous products such as iLife 08! There's much more to learn but I wanted to share my iDVD experience with the forum.

I'm pretty impressed!

2. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

Congrats! iDVD really is so simple and great. When I first started showing off my dvd's to family & friends they were blown away. & I just realized you can take off the apple bug in the bottom right corner in preferences, lol.

3. Tailpike1153, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

Total Agreement

I love iDVD. Sofar I've put together about 18 DVDs of TV shows I pulled down on my PVR. I just finished creating Doctor Who Series 4. The theme packs are just as good as the studio dvds. I've heavily used Nero and DVD Creator on the Windoze side and Roxio Toast 8 and iDVD on the Mac side. I've glanced at DVD Maker for XP and Vista but never have used them. But hands down, iDVD is my favorite. So much so that when i get my next Mac that I am willing to pay $100-200 for iLife, if I forget to have it bundled with the machine purchase. I bought a Aluminum iMac back in November. It rocks. I hope you enjoy your Mini. :)