Created new user, lost applications

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TAGF1, Nov 10, 2008.

1. TAGF1 macrumors newbie

First day with Mac, first day with OSX. I have searched these forums and Google to no avail; perhaps I am asking the wrong question - anyway, your help is appreciated. I had, and still have, the default Admin User account. I installed my MAC Office and Fusion among other things in this account. I then joined the MAC to my office Windows domain which created a new user. When I log in as the new user all I see is the default dock; no applications. And all setting were lost; I think I can understand that one. So the question is, how do I get the new user access to the applications installed under the Admin user?

Again, I am brand new to this so I may be asking the wrong question. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If you click on the Macintosh HD icon, and navigate to the "Applications" folder, you should see all of the Applications installed on your machine.

If you want these apps in your new user's dock, just click and drag the icons from finder into the dock.

3. TAGF1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eric, thanks. WOW, that sounds so easy...wondering how I missed that. OK, since I am no longer at work and the MBP doesn't allow me to login as the other user, I cannot test this now. I will test tomorrow and see what happens.

Any ideas on why I can't login as the other user? It only shows the Admin user. I can see the folder set up for the other user, but cannot access them - I don't have the rights...as Admin I don't have the rights? Confused again. Trying to understand how to use OSX. I may be forcing to much Windows mentality on this.