Creating 12 Apps in 12 Months - App 2 Complete

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TheFinch, Sep 2, 2012.

1. TheFinch macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My name is Robert Finch and I am currently a second year Visual Communication student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.

I've just kicked off my latest project titled 12apps12months in which I create an iOS app (most likely a game) every month for twelve months from August 2012 to July 2013. I'm doing this to learn more about the app ecosystem and see what it takes to make an app successful amidst thousands of other competitors.

I'm very pleased to announce that my second app, Jetpack Panda, is now available on the App Store. You can read more about it and download it here.

You can also read more about the 12apps12months project and see what the app will look like for next month here. I'm extremely excited about this project as it seems unique as I haven't seen someone do the same thing on the web before.

If any of you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

P.S. Be sure to read the post about my first app, Gunther's Great Escape, here.

2. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Advice to have a more known app: Create something original. When I see Jetpack Panda, I think of Jetpack joyride - which I got for free. Games that are not 'original' should not cost money, or I just think you are in for an easy dollar.

I would be MUCH more willing to throw a dollar towards a game I have never seen before.

3. Bilalo macrumors 6502

I like your app even though its like jetpack i will get it but make the app free and make the same in app purchases as jetpack joyride :)

4. TheFinch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both so much for your feedback.

I definitely agree that a more unique app will drive more sales, and I'm definitely not in it for an easy dollar. I have two unique apps in development right now for two upcoming months that I'm very excited about, one of which will be released next month as October's app.

You can get a sneak peak of October's app when the "concept sneak peak" goes like on 12apps12months.com in about a week. I'll update this post letting you know when the post is out.

Thanks again.

5. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Your welcome and like I said make in app purchases, ill buy the one that doubles coins :p make it for 69 or 1.49 watev P

6. TheFinch thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, I will definitely look into the in-app purchases and making the game free when I put out the update in a week or two. What do you think of the app so far, Bilalo?