Creating 12 Apps in 12 Months - App 3 Complete

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TheFinch, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TheFinch macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My name is Robert Finch and I am currently a second year Visual Communication student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.

I've just kicked off my latest project titled 12apps12months in which I create an iOS app (most likely a game) every month for twelve months from August 2012 to July 2013. I'm doing this to learn more about the app ecosystem and see what it takes to make an app successful amidst thousands of other competitors.

I'm very pleased to announce that my third app, Fruit Dodge, is now available on the App Store. It's also the first app to take advantage of speed improvements by switching my coding environment to native Objective-C instead of non-native Lua. You can read more about it and download it here.

You can also read more about the 12apps12months project and see what the app will look like for next month here. I'm extremely excited about this project as it seems unique as I haven't seen someone do the same thing on the web before.

If any of you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to post a comment in this thread.

P.S. Be sure to read the post about exciting speed improvements coming to all past and future 12apps12months apps, which are implemented in Fruit Dodge for the first time.

2. big.mama macrumors member

Than's for link and post.

3. TheFinch thread starter macrumors newbie

You're welcome. I'd also like to point out that Update 2.0 for Fruit Dodge is right around the corner and should be on the App Store in less than 2 weeks.

Update 2.0 will bring more worlds, levels, and full iPhone 5 support.

I'm excited and I hope you are too!