Creating a calendar

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Will0827, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Will0827 macrumors regular

Will0827

I want to create a custom calendar, and haven't been able to find a good starting point, hoped someone could point in the right direction so i can figure out how to make one. I came across a github repository called Kal, but im new to xcode and my programming skills aren't up to par yet and haven't figured out how to incorporate it and begin to customize it to my needs. I figured if i made one from scratch i would have better control over it and utilize it exactly how i plan. Thanks in advanced.

2. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Did you trying searching Apples Documents for Calendar?

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

My suggestion: Step away from the real coding and work on improving these areas first.

4. devappler macrumors newbie

One of the best starting points...

IMHO - ... is to buy a kindle version of IOS PROGRAMMING: THE BIG NERD RANCH GUIDE version 3 from amazon and run in on your free kindle app (Mac, iPh, iPad, whatever - make sure to get your kindle app first, then buy the ebook). And only buy the latest edition. It is well worth its weight in gold if you are trying to hone your iOS skills. Since you posted this under iPh/iPad, I'm assuming you meant to specify iOS.

5. Will0827 thread starter macrumors regular

Will0827

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I took a look through the source code for Kal a project I came across some google searches on github, my problem was using it along side my project which I learned is called using a static library, some of the methods in the classes for it function different then my implementation of what I want to do with the calendar. I'm going to study the code as a brief read through some of the classes showed it isn't as difficult as I thought it would be.