Creating a Custom iOS 7 Text Tone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by asleep, Oct 15, 2013.

1. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

iOS7's default Text Tone is called "Note".

I like it, but need it to "ring" twice to help ensure I hear it & know I have a text message.

How can I create an overlay of the "Note" sound twice, basically creating the "ding, ding" that's in the Classics Sounds called "Glass"??? (I don't want to use the old "Glass" sound because way too many people use it.

Or who can do this for me in a professional manner?

2. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Convert the file to a wave, edit it yourself (soundforge or editor of your choice), convert the wav back to an mp3, throw it into iTunes, export and rename it to m4r, then drop back into itunes and sync ringtones.

Or something like that, it was how I do mine.

3. fedguy macrumors newbie

I wanted to use the NOTE sound for an alarm sound but it's not available.

Any way to move or import sounds around the iphone from within?

I just want a nice Zen sound to wake my up to and drink wheatgrass

4. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

You can also go to Notification Center ☞ Messages ☞ Repeat Alerts and from there choose how many times you want alerts to go off , it can be up to 10 times . Alerts will ring every two minutes .

5. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

You can also go to Zedge , I downloaded a Tibetan singing bowl alarm there. They are already in M4r , so you just have to add them to iTunes in Sounds and sync .

6. KALLT macrumors 601

There are some professional ones too, like iRingPro and ClearTones. They are paid though, but they're pretty neat. You simply add them to your iTunes Library and sync them.

7. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Why not customse your texts on the notification center to make your phone ring more than once to let you know?

8. asleep thread starter macrumors 68040

asleep

I still just get the one "Note" tone when I do that, but thanks for trying. :)

9. asleep thread starter macrumors 68040

asleep

Finally figured it out. Took a lot too many steps, but I ended up with what I wanted... a double note "Note" text alert.