Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mach42006

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I keep all of my school work/notes in one folder in my Documents section, and the icon for the folder is my school's logo. I also have the folder as a stack on my dock so I can quickly find things for my classes and such. Instead of the boring 'stacks' icon, is there any way that I can place the folder with a custom icon, ie: my school's logo, on the dock? Essentially, I'd love to have my school logo on the dock, and when I click on it, it takes me to my school folder. I'd just like to customize my dock a little bit, rather than just using stacks.

scr1968

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
I keep all of my school work/notes in one folder in my Documents section, and the icon for the folder is my school's logo. I also have the folder as a stack on my dock so I can quickly find things for my classes and such. Instead of the boring 'stacks' icon, is there any way that I can place the folder with a custom icon, ie: my school's logo, on the dock? Essentially, I'd love to have my school logo on the dock, and when I click on it, it takes me to my school folder. I'd just like to customize my dock a little bit, rather than just using stacks.

There are a bunch of different ways to approach this. Not sure which one is better over the other. But a quick Google search for "dock icon stacks customize" came up with a bunch of suggestions - some much easier than others.

SCR

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
Send me your school's logo, and I can make you an icon.
It will only be 128 x 128, because I don't know how to make 512 x 512 icons.

mach42006

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I was able to figure it out. I installed the Icon Composer from the developer tools portion of the OSX dvd. I changed the stack to "display as folder" instead of stack, and then I tried taking it off and putting it back on a few times, and finally it came up as my icon. Thanks for your quick replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.