Creating a DVD Video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Dmadureira, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Dmadureira macrumors newbie

Hi, i need a little help to create a dvd with subtitles.
    I already read alot about put subtitles on movies but didn't get any solution to my problem.
    I use Toast to creat the DVD with subtitles but the result was not pretty good. I try also use idvd a submerge to creat the dvd, the result was awsome but when the subtitle comes appears a black bar at the bottom of the screen.
    Other of the experience that i made was to "glud" the subtitle using Handbrake/Visual hub and then create the dvd using xilisoft dvd creator the subtitles dont appear when watch on the dvd player.
    What i really want is to put 3 ou 4 episodes per DVD to viewing on DVD. What software should i use to create the DVD ?

2. Dmadureira thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Richardthe4th macrumors regular

Sorry, I use DVD Studio Pro (from the FCSuite3), but that is End Of Lined.

You can also use Adobe Encore, perhaps a trial license?? You have to learn the software, it's not single click ready. The rest I don't know.

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I just google-oogled it for you and I found this: http://homepage.mac.com/major4/dvd_sub.html

I don't know whether you already have the subtitles? Because if you don't, you can make your own by opening a text file, type the time and text behind it, something like that. This is what I found on the world wide web: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/subtitles-text-editor-aegisub/

They're doing it on windows with some kind of UTF-8 encoding. For the mac, just make sure it's plain text when you save it. Also, put ".srt" (without the quotation marks of course) at the end of the file to make it a .srt file.

5. Dmadureira thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the help.
    I already know the ffmpegx software :)