Creating a Forum With iWeb

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sbushell7, Dec 28, 2008.

1. sbushell7 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am creating a site with iWeb and I really need a forum to be added to the site.

Can you tell me how to do this so that users have to register, log in with a password have their own user area, can upload their own icon etc, etc.

...and so it intergrates with my site.

Thanks in advance!

Sam

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I don't think it can be done in iWeb, look into something like phpBB or vBulletin.

3. NFLBlitze1 macrumors newbie

You won't be able to do that with iweb, if your looking for a message board like invisionboards or phpboards, count that out in regards to iweb, not supported, you might be able to get away with a small message board of some sorts by manipulating code with html snippets, but iweb isn't the best route to go if your looking to create a forum

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Check out SMF.

It's free and easy to install, tweak, and use.

5. sbushell7 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, is there a way that i could make a forum elsewhere and put it in my site so it looks like it fits in?

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

SMF will let you do that. Here is an example with it embedded on a page (not made with iWeb, btw).

They have zillions (not that many, but you get the idea) of themes, so it's easy to make it look however you would like.