Creating a multi series zip files in mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kitki83, Feb 17, 2009.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Basically I got a My Passport 500gb drive I want to use for work, the problem is I use both PC and Mac. Logically I have to set it up to Fat32, the problem is I do use files that are larger than 4gb. My solution is put a zip program in my external that can zip those exceptional files into smaller increments. I know winrar can do that for windows but I don't know any in Mac.

alternatively I can install MacDrive on PC but I can't install programs on PC(from work) compared to mac where I can run it off the external.

Thank you

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

or you could do the easy thing.

download & install MacFuse, then download & install NTFS-3G.

gives you read/write access of any NTFS drive :) cheap and easy. no need for zipping.

3. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you explain how this works, I get the over all idea but can I have the program in the drive so if I go to another apple I can open them and gain acces? Reason I am asking is both Mac and Windows computers at my job wont let me install program in system folder. I can run personal programs in Mac as long its in my drive and don't leave files in library.

So far this would work for my home computer but not so for work computers unless I can load it from a drive externally.